The iconic Pretzel Bread Pudding recipe from EPCOT.Jump to Recipe
Life is better with bread pudding, but it’s absolute perfection with pretzel bread pudding! This iconic treat from EPCOT is made using the famous German pretzels, but you can make it at home – and it’s pretty simple to make.
So, grab your ingredients and let’s get cooking and bring the magic of the parks to your home! Be sure to share your finished product photos with us on Instagram, @kingdomcuisine!
Pretzel Bread Pudding from EPCOT
Sommerfest – EPCOT
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk divided
- 2 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pretzel Bread Pudding
- 1 pound pretzel bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¾ teaspoon vanilla paste
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Caramel sauce
- Beat egg and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring cream and 3/4 cup of milk to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add 1/3 of the simmering cream mixture to the eggs, whisking constantly to temper eggs. Carefully pour back into saucepan.
- Whisk cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup of milk together in a small bowl. Add to saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Place a mesh strainer over a bowl. Pour sauce through strainer and cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 7 days.
Pretzel Bread Pudding
- Tear or chop pretzel bread into large pieces. Place in a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- Whisk milk, heavy cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla paste, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add pretzel bread pieces. Cover and refrigerate 4-12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 15 1/2 cup ramekins or muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Add 1/3 cup pretzel bread pudding mix into each ramekin or muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until centers of pretzel bread puddings are firm.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from molds.
- Remove vanilla sauce from refrigerator. Heat in small saucepan over medium-low heat until warm. Place warm pretzel bread puddings on small plates. Top each with 2-3 tablespoons vanilla sauce. Drizzle caramel on top.