Disney Parks cater to different food allergies. For those guests who want to enjoy the deliciously fried fluffy clouds of dough at Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, there is a gluten-free choice! We’ve covered the classic recipe here, and today we are sharing this Gluten-Free Beignet recipe from Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort.
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp warm water (100ºF)
1 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp apple juice
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp sugar
2 1/2 tsp powdered gluten-free egg replacer
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp canola oil
Pinch ground cinnamon
1 pound gluten-free pizza crust mix
Confectioners’ sugar for finishing
- Combine warm water and yeast in a small bowl, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine apple juice, applesauce, sugar, egg replacer, salt, oil and cinnamon in the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add pizza crust mix until a soft dough forms – you will not use all of the mix. Place dough onto a surface coated with pizza crust mix. Knead until dough is soft but not sticky.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness and cut into squares. Set aside at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Pour oil into a deep-sided pot until 2 inches in depth, heat over medium heat to 350ºF.
- Lightly press beignets to slightly flatten.
- Add a few beignets to oil and fry until golden brown on both sides turning once.
- Remove from oil and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining beignets.
- Dust with a generous amount of confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Do you love Disney food and all things Mickey-shaped?
Share your delicious snacks with us on Instagram and be sure to tag #SnackSquad to be featured!
Discover Snack Squad T-Shirt from Kingdom Cuisine only on Teespring – Free Returns and 100% Guarantee – “If it’s Mickey-shaped it’s automatically…