Tiana’s Famous Beignets
Mickey bars, dole whips, turkey legs, churros and beignets: 5 of the most common Disney treats. You can get your hands on some of Disney’s delicious beignets at Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside, and at several locations in Disneyland’s New Orleans Square.
If you just can’t wait to get there to have one of the iconic New Orleans treat, Tiana’s Famous Beignets are here for you! Follow this simple recipe for a tasty way to add a touch of Disney magic to any party or gathering.
*Makes approximately 14-16
3 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup water
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Vegetable oil, for frying
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 3/4 cups of flour with sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, water, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Dust a surface with the remaining flour, place the dough on the floured surface and roll the dough to make an even 1/2-inch-thick square/rectangle. Dust with more flour as needed, then cut the dough into 2 1/2-inch squares.
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy saucepan until it reaches a temperature of 325ºF. Carefully drop 3 or 4 dough squares into the hot oil at a time frying for 3 minutes on each side. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the beignets to a wire rack set above paper towels to dry the beignets. Dust the top with confectioners’ sugar and enjoy!
Do you love Disney food and all things Mickey-shaped?
Share your delicious snacks with us on Instagram and be sure to tag #SnackSquad to be featured!
Discover Snack Squad T-Shirt from Kingdom Cuisine only on Teespring – Free Returns and 100% Guarantee – “If it’s Mickey-shaped it’s automatically…
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!