Biergarten: Apple Strudel
The Biergarten restaurant, located in the Germany area of Epcot, features a large buffet with iconic German eats. On the sweeter end we have a traditional and tasty Apple Strudel. Add a Disney twist to your Fall parties with this recipe from the Biergarten!
1/2 cup bead flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (one) egg yolk
1/4 cup warm water
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 pounds apples, sliced
1/2 cup melted butter
4 tablespoons toasted breadcrumbs
1/4 cup raisins
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together the bread flour, all-purpose flour and salt in a mixing bowl using a dough hook. Slowly add egg yolk, oil and warm water on medium speed until the dough pulls from the side of the bowl.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and place in a sealed container covered in a light coat vegetable oil. Place the dough in a refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the dough and gently wipe the excess oil from the dough. Place the dough on a counter and pull the dough to form a thin rectangle.
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- Once the dough is stretched, place 3 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs on the longer end of the dough.
- Mix together the apples and raisins, place on to of breadcrumbs. Mix together cinnamon and sugar, sprinkle over the apples followed by the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Brush melted butter on the exposed dough, then roll the dough to cover the apple mixture. Brush the outside with more melted butter.
- Bake at 400ºF for approximately 25 to 30 minutes until the dough is golden brown. Let cool at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes before slicing and serving.
Do you love Disney food and all things Mickey-shaped?
Share your delicious snacks with us on Instagram and be sure to tag #SnackSquad to be featured!
Discover Snack Squad T-Shirt from Kingdom Cuisine only on Teespring – Free Returns and 100% Guarantee – “If it’s Mickey-shaped it’s automatically…
Follow us on Twitter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!