Mickey pretzels are one of the most popular snacks at Disney parks.
The iconic Mickey-shaped pretzels are not only delicious, but they also have a unique charm that can bring back fond memories of Disney trips. These pretzels are the perfect snack to munch on while exploring the park or waiting in line for your favorite ride. They are made with a delicious dough that is soft on the inside and has a crispy outer layer, and they are sprinkled with coarse salt for a perfect balance of flavors.
One of the best things about Mickey pretzels is their versatility. They are a great snack for any time of the day, and you can pair them with different dipping sauces to make them even more delicious. You can get the pretzel with the iconic cheese sauce, but our favorite is to request the churro chocolate sauce for an unforgettable experience! (You’re welcome!) This makes Mickey pretzels a great option for picky eaters or anyone looking for a snack that can be customized to their liking.
While Mickey pretzels are undoubtedly a delicious treat, they are also a part of the Disney experience. Eating a Mickey pretzel while walking down Main Street USA or watching a parade is a quintessential Disney moment that many visitors cherish.
The pretzels have become an integral part of Disney culture and are a must-try for any Disney fan or first-time visitor. Whether you enjoy them with friends or family, the Mickey pretzel is a snack that can bring joy to anyone who tries it.
Mickey Pretzels from Walt Disney World
- 1 ½ c warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4½ c all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 10 c water
- ⅔ c baking soda
- 1 egg beaten
- Coarse salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and kosher salt. Sprinkle the yeast on top and let it sit for 5 minutes until it becomes foamy.
- Add the flour and melted butter to the mixture and stir until a dough forms. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp towel, and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large pot, bring 10 cups of water and baking soda to a boil.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each piece into a long rope. Shape the dough into a Mickey Mouse head by making a circle for the head and two smaller circles for the ears.
- Carefully drop each pretzel into the boiling water mixture for 30 seconds on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush each pretzel with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake the pretzels for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let the pretzels cool for a few minutes before serving.