Morimoto Asia’s most popular dish is the Morimoto Spare Ribs. The crispy and fried ribs are tossed in hoisin sweet chili glaze that boasts in flavor. Combine the delicious glaze with fall-off-the-bone ribs and you will find yourself at the end of the plate quickly!
The recipe for the Morimoto Spare Ribs may seem long, however this recipe is fairly simple and is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next party!
Pork Rib Braise
Full rack spare ribs, approximately 16 ribs
White onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped ginger
1/4 cup chopped garlic
1/4 cup cooking wine
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup tamarind paste
Hoisin Chili Sauce
1/2 cup hoisin
1 1/2 cups sweet chili sauce
1/4 cup rice Vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Hoisin Chili Sauce Directions
Whisk together ingredients in a mixing bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Oil for frying
2 cups of cornstarch
2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 250°F. Place ribs in baking pan and add onion, ginger, garlic, cooking wine and oil. Cover with water, then gently stir in tamarind paste.
2. Cover with foil and bake 3 ½ hours or until meat easily pulls away from the bone.
3. Remove from oven and cool in braising liquid until cool enough to handle. Slice into individual ribs.
4. Heat oil to 350°F.
5. Lightly coat each rib in cornstarch and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Place on a wire rack to drain and cool slightly. Toss with hoisin chili sauce, topped with cilantro and serve.
Do you love Disney food and all things Mickey-shaped?
Share your delicious snacks with us on Instagram and be sure to tag #SnackSquad to be featured!
Discover Snack Squad T-Shirt from Kingdom Cuisine only on Teespring – Free Returns and 100% Guarantee – “If it’s Mickey-shaped it’s automatically…
Leave a Reply